Friday, January 18, 2013

Thursday, January 17th

I didn't get to write last night because my daughter was sick and had to go take her to Crap Care Now for flu test but here is what I wanted to write:

Ross woke up in a mood this morning.  He did NOT want to get out of bed and that's pretty typical of him - unless you start talking about snow on the ground then he's up like a bolt of lightening - so I don't give it much thought.  But he started getting kind of rude so I took a deep breath and remembered the Star Board.  I told Ross that we need to get up so we can earn more stars today and he changed his whole attitude right then.  He sat up and got himself awake and came in the dining room to eat breakfast.  Gooooood!  :-)

I didn't give him his Ritalin this morning.  I gave him strawberry oatmeal, toast and his new Attend which is a holistic/herbal supplement that I'm trying at the advice of the nice Chinese lady that owns the heath food store down the street.  She says she has lots of customers with kids like mine that LOVE this stuff and every time I go to look at it, there are only a few left in the box - good sign.  It has to build up in his system, though, for about 2 weeks before I will see any changes.  I feel bad for his teachers.  I'm getting notes from them about his increased wiggliness and sillyness and distraction.  Fingers crossed and prayers prayed!

Hannah was ill and I had to take her to the doc which meant Ross had to go to his grandmother's while I was gone.  Ross begged and begged me to let him stay home because "I'm old enough and I knowsthe rules and I won't leave the house, or choke the dog or play with the stove or poor gasoline on the floor and light it or open the doors or ANYTHING!"

LOL!  You should have seen him working me.  He said I could trust him (HAH!) to make good choices and I really didn't want to take him and risk him getting sick so I let him stay behind.  I left him my phone in case of emergency and he said he would be a good boy and watch his movie and eat his pizza.  I did call and check on him once and he said "I'm ok, mom, I'm following ALL of the rules.  You can trust me!!"  :-)



I got home and he had, in fact, followed the rules.  He didn't get on the computer, he didn't watch South Park and he didn't watch Netflix or play the Wii (he got grounded from those).  However, I did notice he made some calls from my cell phone.  Really, Ross?  You called my physical therapist?  Why?  :-)   He also called his dad and the totally ignored him while he finished his game of Monkey Blast, LOL! 

He earned his stars, btw.  Three more and he gets Nintendo DS time.  God help us all because he turns into kind of an asshole when he's playing that stupid game.

JTF

No comments:

Post a Comment